Defending Those Accused Of Crimes In Morris County And Throughout Northern New Jersey
Morristown criminal defense attorney James M. Porfido has nearly 25 years of experience in the field of criminal law. He is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a criminal trial attorney and has been selected by New Jersey Monthly for inclusion in the Super Lawyers list for his criminal defense work. He is a former prosecutor who now uses his knowledge of the system to defend clients charged with a wide range of crimes.
What Charges Are You Facing?
Under Mr. Porfido’s leadership, our firm mounts strong, intelligent defenses on behalf of those charged with:
- Juvenile crimes ranging from underage drinking and MIP (N.J.S.A. 2C:33-15 and 2C:33-16) to criminal mischief and property crimes
- Drug charges involving illicit drugs like cocaine and meth, as well as prescription drugs
- White collar crimes, including fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, and more
- Traffic violations such as driving while suspended, reckless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI, whether you are a first-time offender or repeat offender
- Theft crimes, including burglary, robbery, and related charges such as breaking and entering
- Internet crimes such as identity theft, child pornography, and more
- Sex crimes, including rape, sexual assault, prostitution, solicitation, and many other accusations
- Gun and weapon charges, including felon in possession and assault with a deadly weapon
If you have a criminal conviction in your past and it is holding you back, we may be able to help you clean up your record through an expungement. Similarly, if you feel you were convicted in error, talk to us about the possibility of appealing the decision.
Schedule A Consultation With An Experienced Morris County Criminal Defense Lawyer As Soon As Possible
Prompt action in criminal cases is critical. If you are under investigation or have been charged with a crime in northern New Jersey, call attorney James M. Porfido right away to learn about your rights. Call 973-683-1140, or contact us online. Mr. Porfido can visit you in jail if you are incarcerated.
Credit cards accepted • Payment plans available • Se habla español