Criminal Defense Lawyer In Morris Township, NJ
Let an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney Help You Fight Your Crime in Morris County & Beyond
Were you recently arrested in Morris Township, New Jersey? If so, it’s understandable that you may be concerned about what the future holds for you. What you need right now is a diligent, knowledgeable criminal defense attorney
who is prepared to fight on your behalf both in and out of the courtroom. For the experienced legal team at James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC
, negotiating a plea bargain is always a secondary strategy; our top priority in your case will be getting the charges dismissed so that you can avoid a criminal record and steer clear of any penalties. Moreover, our attorneys are highly skilled litigators who enjoy beating prosecutors in court, so you can count on us to get the job done for you if your case heads to trial.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a felony, a disorderly persons offense, or a traffic violation in Morris Township, NJ, James M. Porfido can help you. Contact Mr. Porfido today
to discuss your legal situation.
Morris Township Lawyer Fights on Behalf of Clients Charged with Felonies or Disorderly Persons Offenses
Most people arrested in Morris Township are charged with disorderly persons offenses (misdemeanors), which are handled in Morris Township Municipal Court. More serious criminal offenses, classified as felonies, are handled in the Morris County Superior Court in Morristown, NJ. James Porfido routinely represents clients in both Municipal Court and Superior Court. He is prepared to defend clients in a wide range of criminal matters, including:
- Drug Offenses: simple possession of marijuana, cocaine possession, heroin possession, prescription drug crimes, possession with the intent to distribute a CDS (controlled dangerous substance), and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault & Threat Crimes: aggravated assault, simple assault, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, bar fights, and domestic violence
- Juvenile Crimes: underage drinking, minor in possession of alcohol, marijuana possession, property crimes, drug crimes, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, and shoplifting
- Theft & Fraud Offenses: robbery, theft of movable property, theft by deception, credit card fraud, and shoplifting
- Property Crimes: burglary, arson, vandalism such as graffiti/tagging, breaking and entering, destruction of government property, and destruction of school property
- White Collar Crimes: mail fraud, wire fraud, racketeering, embezzlement, forgery, identity theft, and money laundering
- Internet Crimes: child pornography possession, internet solicitation of a minor, computer crimes, eBay and PayPal scams, and bank account fraud
- Sex Crimes: sexual assault, criminal sexual contact, sexual battery, prostitution, solicitation, lewdness, child endangerment, and Megan’s Law violations
- Weapons Offenses: certain person offenses, unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, armed robbery, conceal and carry law violations, and Graves Act offenses
- Traffic Violations: driving on a suspended or revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance
- DUI/DWI Offenses: leaving the scene of a DWI accident, breath test refusal, underage DWI, DWI on federal land, and drug-related DUI offenses
- Post-Conviction Relief: expungements and appeals of criminal convictions
- Parole Probation Violations: positive urine screening, failure to pay restitution, contact with a victim, and failure to register as a sex offender
James M. Porfido and the legal team at James M. Porfido, Attorney at Law, LLC
will fight vigorously on your behalf and help you contest criminal charges in Morris Township, New Jersey.
James M. Porfido Can Help You Beat Your Criminal or DWI Charges
James Porfido has defended countless clients accused of crimes, disorderly persons offenses, domestic violence, DWI offenses, traffic violations, and juvenile crimes. Mr. Porfido’s prior experience as a Morris County prosecutor means that he has a deep understanding of how prosecutors strategize in these types of cases, as well as the leeway that they often have during the plea bargaining stage. In fact, Mr. Porfido has successfully negotiated favorable pre-trial settlements and alternative sentences for many clients charged with crimes in Morris Township, NJ.
James M. Porfido has been certified as a Certified Criminal Trial Attorney since 1995 and has been selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers every year since 2008. This means that Mr. Porfido’s peers and colleagues have recognized his high levels of experience, education, knowledge, and skill when it comes to criminal trial practice. Regardless of what charges you currently face, you can rely on Mr. Porfido to use his knowledge of the local Morris Township court to help you win your case.
Learn More by Contacting a Skilled Morris Township Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Morris Township, NJ, it is imperative that you speak with a lawyer who is familiar with the local courts and who will provide you with personalized attention throughout the legal process. Morris Township criminal defense attorney James Porfido has represented countless clients in Morris County courtrooms and will come up with a defense strategy that is tailored to the unique facts of your case. Call Mr. Porfido today
to get answers to any questions you might have and to figure out the next step in your defense.
About Morris Township, New Jersey
Morris Township is located near the geographical center of Morris County, New Jersey. Morris Township has a population of approximately 22,300 residents and a land-based area of more than 15.6 square miles. Morris Township has a unique layout in that it completely surrounds Morristown, another major municipality in Morris County. In fact, some people refer to Morris Township as “the doughnut” because the parts of the township that were taken to form Morristown in 1865 look like the hole in a doughnut with respect to Morris Township when viewed on a map. In addition to encapsulating Morristown, Morris Township is bordered by Florham Park, Hanover Township, Harding Township, Madison, Mendham Township, Morris Plains, and Parsippany-Troy Hills.
Majors roads and highways that run through certain parts of Morris Township include New Jersey Route 24, New Jersey Route 124, County Route 510, US Route 202, and Interstate 287. The Morris Township Police Department Traffic Safety Unit often sends officers to patrol these roadways. The local police officers protect motorists by enforcing speed limits and other traffic laws and by frequently conducting DWI patrols