Criminal Appeals Attorney In Morristown, NJ
Appeals Protect Your Treatment By New Jersey Courts
In many municipal cases, including cases involving DUI and drug crimes, you can appeal your case for a retrial if the judge made an error, the prosecution prejudiced the proceedings, or you received inadequate counsel (see N.J.S.A. R.7:12). At the law offices of James M. Porfido, we are committed to providing the advocacy you need to seek justice on appeal. We help to preserve issues that may result in a reversal of a judgment of conviction.
Even if you have been convicted of a crime, your case is not over if you were convicted on error. Our Morristown criminal appeals lawyer examine the court records and the facts of your case to determine if there was an error of law or other irregularity. Contact us today for an initial consultation and case evaluation.
When Can You Appeal Your NJ Criminal Conviction?
Morristown criminal appeals lawyer James Porfido can appeal your case for a variety of reasons:
- The judge gave improper jury instructions, compromising the results of your trial.
- Your trial lawyer provided inadequate counsel in your defense.
- The judge made a fundamental error, such as admitting prejudicial evidence, improperly administering a legal test, or denying expert testimony that favored your case.
- Limiting the scope of the defense case.
- Most of our appellate cases come from the municipal court. These cases range from the appeal of domestic violence and assault to DUI or traffic offense. We can take necessary legal action to preserve your license during the appeals process.
Our attorney takes the time to explore your legal options, anticipating all possible outcomes of your case. We have the experience to understand the record and identify errors made during your first trial. We will call out these issues and skillfully present them on appeal.
Contact a New Jersey State Appeals Lawyer Today!
To arrange an initial consultation with an experienced Morristown criminal appeals lawyer and Certified Criminal Trial Attorney as Certified by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey, contact us today.